Being confined to our home during the lockdown period can be quite overwhelming for some people as it is a test of our patience and adaptability. Quarantine, social distancing and work from home is the new reality. It is to be acknowledged that sudden changes to lifestyle & daily routine can affect our sense of well-being. Routine gives us direction and a sense of purpose.
However, it is important to remind ourselves that during this Pandemic, it is our responsibility to adhere to the public health advisories and rules.
In general, it is important to :
- Create a schedule of all activities including sleep, mealtimes, chores, work, leisure.
- Stay active & mobile - make time for exercise / walk
- Set a schedule for Work From Home – what times, break time, tasks to be completed.
- Spend quality family time.
- Do not forget to make time for leisure as it is important to de-stress, especially during this time.
- Spend time with yourself - Be aware of how you are physically & psychologically.
Self Care – Make it a Habit
It is important to take care of yourself in whatever you do. Priorities them and make a mental checklist of measures to be taken every time you have to step out. Self care can be in various domains:
- Sleep & Rest
- Physical release ( walking, Stretching, Yoga )
- Healthy Food
- Safe & Healthy Living Environment
- Organized Space
- Stress Management
- Forgiveness & Compassion
- Knowing yourself (Self Awareness & Identity)
- Meditate & Connect with Nature
- Ask for help
- Set Boundaries
- Build a Social Support System
- Positive Social Media
- Pursue Hobbies
- Money management
- Time Management
- Set boundaries between work & personal life