The period of staying in during the lockdown period can test people’s patience and endurance – accepting & following the restrictions to their movement & activities. It is important to understand the purpose behind the measures taken by the Government/ These are some of the things we could resolve to do to combat the feeling of ‘unproductiveness’ due to the restrictions.
- Declutter / clean up something you have been wanting to.(Eg., a cupboard) It can feel very relieving.
- Set a new routine to structure your day & feel more purposeful & productive .
- Make a list of things to do & set a plan for a week. Plan each day’s activity.
- Adding a bit of work daily, to a larger project.
- List out the number of things you did each day. Allow yourself to feel a sense of accomplishment.
- Set alarms & deadlines for each activity.
- Debrief at the end of a day. Recognize the emotions that you experienced each day and try to understand what made you feel so.
- Tell yourself that your current state of being housebound is because you are a law abiding citizen. You are contributing to need of the hour by staying in. Resolve to respect the rules.
- Relate to your family members with courtesy, love & tenderness. Experience the sense of belonging & support you get back.
- Resolve to make this period of staying in a pleasant one. Indulge in a physical game or activity that will allow you to be distracted from the mundane routine. Laugh.
Let’s resolve to beat the pandemic blues with these simple ideas!