Mental Health First Aid as a sustained Corporate Social Responsibility
1 in 10 person in India is suffering from mental health problems and most of them (83%) go untreated. Training the groups that you support under your Corporate Social Responsibility on Mental Health First Aid will help increase mental health literacy among public.
Join the movement – Educate Public on Mental Health
As a corporate investing in CSR you have the power to support your groups now with an evidence based training on mental health.
Benefits for the Communities
- Enhanced Mental Health Literacy among groups in need.
- Reduced stigma associated with mental illnesses.
- Improved Health Seeking and Help Seeking behaviour.
- Enhanced productivity through early detection of mental health problems.
- Prevent communities ‘at risk’ from developing mental health problems like depression, addiction and suicide.
- Improved Quality of Life of those who are undergoing mental health problems.
Benefits for the Organization
- Effective use of the money invested by providing an internationally recognized, evidence based program which can be monitored and evaluated.
MHFA training can be implemented as a health education initiative
Some of the target groups that can benefit are
- College and University students
- Under privileged young adults in urban and rural areas
- Women’s groups
- Faith Healers
- Frontline staff like Police, armed forces, nurses