MHFA India gives you an opportunity to educate your community with the right knowledge on mental health. You can become a great influencer on the way communities understand and address mental health problems by becoming an MHFA India certified Instructor today.
What does the course teach me?
As a prospective MHFA India Instructor you will be learning the following in the duration of the course:
- Introduction to the 12 hours SMHFA course.
- A good understanding of a cluster of mental health disorders.
- Skills to apply the Action Plan ALGEE when a mental health problem is developing or is in crises.
- How to apply the program to a range of adult learning styles.
- Ways to promote and deliver the training effectively.
- Understand the challenges and ways to manage the training in different situations.
- To build on your confidence and presentation skills to deliver the SMHFA.
Who can attend this course?
Any adult aged 18 years or over with the enthusiasm to become an MHFA Instructor who fulfils the selection criteria of MHFA India can attend this course.
Why should I attend this course?
- As an instructor you will improve mental health literacy in your community, and teach members of the public how to support co-workers, family members and friends with mental health problems to find appropriate help.
- You can have confidence that MHFA training has a real, positive impact on participants.
- You will be able to deliver the course where and when suits you and set your own price, MHFA India will fully support your journey as an Instructor.
- While continuing your profession you can add on to your experience by delivering the training in flexible way.
- Delivering the training will give you the opportunity to meet people across new sectors and cultures which will enrich your network and knowledge.
What benefits do I get from attending this course?
- Certificate of Completion as a Mental Health First Aider and Instructor.
- Standard Mental Health First Aid Manual, for any future reference.
- Free online Accreditation test valid for 3 years.
- MHFA Accreditation which can be added as a skill in resume.
- A life skill which gives a sense of moral satisfaction.